The idea of completing an entire total-body workout using nothing more than a 4kg medicine ball may not seem intimidating. This 5 exercise routine strengthens and conditions. It’s designed to help you build a rock solid core, burn fat and improve your sports performance.
All you need is a medicine ball to do this workout any place, any time.
Perform this routine at the end of your regular workout, or as a standalone, 3 days a week.
- Use a 3kg, 4kg or 5kg medicine ball.
- Do 20 reps of each exercise in the order shown.
- Complete the routine as a circuit, doing 1 set of each movement in succession and without resting.
- Too easy? Rest 60 to 90 seconds and do the circuit again.
1- Big Circles
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent, and hold the ball with your arms extended above your head [A].
- Without bending your elbows, rotate your arms counterclockwise [B] using the ball to draw large imaginary circles in front of your body [C and D].
- Do 10 circles, then go clockwise and do 10 more.